The vacation ready home!
Finally planning that summer vacation?
Here are our top tips to give you added peace of mind while you’re away.
- One of the most effective steps is to make your home appear occupied. Use timers or an app on a few lights throughout the house, scheduling them to turn off and on at various times after dark.
- Use extra caution when communicating about your vacation dates on Facebook and other social media. And don’t post photos until you’re back. Information spreads quickly, and you don’t want it to get into the wrong hands.
- Advise friends and trusted neighbors of your travel plans. Make sure you can be reached in an emergency if necessary.
- Have the post office hold your mail and suspend any newspaper and package deliveries, or ask a neighbor to collect them for you each day. A buildup of mail or uncollected packages or papers are obvious signs that no one is home.
- Ask a neighbor to park in your driveway on occasion so it looks like there is someone at home.