Lemon Energy Bites
Looking for a healthy snack with minimal ingredients that will keep you energized all day long? Try these lemon pie energy bites!
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (optional if nuts are unsalted)
- Almond flour or unsweetened shredded coconut, for rolling (optional)
- Put the cashews, almonds, and dates in a blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla, and continue to blend until incorporated. You may need to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to a piece of parchment paper. Separate the mixture into rounded tablespoons and roll into 1-inch balls.
- If they’re sticky, you can roll them in almond flour or shredded coconut.
- Store the bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.