What HGTV show is your guilty pleasure?
I wanted to help you out by sharing some curb appeal tips. If you are selling your home with me I’ll be able to help you get your home looking its best for sale – but in case you are taking the initiative here are a few pointers.
xoxo Carolyn Thomas, Realtor
I came across this helpful video about life hacks and wanted to share the genius.
If you try some (or one) of these hacks please let me know. I’d love to hear if they go well or if the hack fails.
xo Carolyn Thomas, Realtor RE/MAX Heritage
SOURCE: KEVIN EVOY
10. Have questions of varying difficulty. The best rule of thumb is for every 10 questions, have 3 easy, 3 difficult and 4 somewhere in between. Too many difficult or too many easy questions will result in the players getting bored, or discouraged.
9. Have clear and concise rules! Make sure all players know all the rules before the quiz starts. Clear rules will lead to a smooth quiz.
8. Take a short break halfway through the event. Your players will thank you for it.
7. Be entertaining! Try to throw in a joke or 2 throughout the event, or have fun with some of the questions.
6. Instead of marking the scores each round (This takes time!) have the teams do their own marking by passing the answer sheets around each round. It will save a LOT of time and it’s much less frustrating for the players.
5. Update the scoring each round. Use either a paper score sheet, or even better, something that can go up on the big screen.
4. We all make mistakes. If you realize one of your answers is incorrect, admit to it and give all teams full points for that answer. Have google on standby to check while you are between questions if you have any doubt…
3. Prepare, prepare, prepare! It takes practice to make things run perfectly, but the more you are prepared, the better the experience will be for everyone.
2. When handing out answer sheets at the beginning of the quiz, be sure to provide extra scrap paper for the teams, along with a pen or pencil.
1. HAVE FUN! If you have fun, the players will have fun too and they will be more likely to come back for more!
Technology has become a basic necessity in our current age and society. From communications to regular housework, technological advancement made it much easier for our generation. Imagine in the old days when our grandparents have to wait for a few days to weeks to receive a letter. Now, it only takes a few seconds at the very tip of our fingers to send a message to someone from across the globe.
We’ve embraced these advancements with open arms. In turn, it has rewarded us with convenience and entertainment, and the best is yet to come. Want to make your home a lot smarter than it already is? See these Product Reviews for the 5 coolest gadgets you can get for your home.
Cleaning windows may be one of the most tedious house chores there is but one that is absolutely necessary, especially if you want to avoid dust from collecting and spreading around your home. Introducing the Winbot Robot window cleaner.
This neat piece of technology is exactly what you think it is. It cleans your windows for you, effectively and spotlessly. It is safe to use and can clean various types of windows. It has a Smart Drive system for cleaning windows that can reach and maneuver into corners, freeing you from the task of stepping on the ladder and reaching hard-to-reach places on your windows.
Don’t limit yourself to windows here. With this robot, you can also clean sliding doors and basically any glass surface.
Home security may be one of the most important investments you can add to your home. You can sleep soundly at night and leave your home confidently knowing that it is safe from intruders, burglars and unwanted guests.
This home security technology works on battery-powered camera system that connects to your home Wi-Fi and alerts you real-time on your smartphone when there are unusual activities on certain areas around your house. It has motion sensors that trigger an alert when you set it. You can set a live view of your home when you are away for real-time monitoring and videos are easily saved in the cloud for later review.
Cooking is the most essential and basic home chore – needed to keep our bodies nourished and healthy. The Crock-Pot Slow Cooker is the original slow cooking technology that is a crowd favorite in many kitchens. This type of cooking technology is an efficient helping hand time-wise.
The Crock-Pot Slow Cooker has a timer that you can set when you want to cook something slower or a little bit faster without affecting the flavor and taste. This product comes in different sizes and varieties, but you can cook anything on it.
How about dealing with the hassle of having to open your garage door when you leave, and then closing it behind you before you drive off? The garage door opener is here to free you from
having to get off your car to open or close the garage door. This helpful piece of technology can be controlled through a remote or your smart phone and allows you to control your garage door from the comforts of your seat. Plus, it works quietly without all the noise your manual opening and closing will make.
Another one to add to the home security bucket – but mostly for checking your guests first before you let them in. The video doorbell is more like a peephole, but on huge homes, you won’t need to run across the house and peep through that tiny hole to know who it is.
The video doorbell can give you a live feed on your Smartphone on who is at the front door, even if you are in the backyard or anywhere nears the door. You don’t have to get up. You can see who your guest is when you are not at home.
Smart TVs, smart phones, smart appliances and any other “smart” technology we can think of. Every day, these new things are invented. We are a few steps closer from getting our own Jarvis. Technology only gets better day by day, and it is for our convenience.
Alyssa Winters writes for Top Reveal, where she reviews home products.
I can help you find the perfect Robson Ranch home! Robson Ranch Realty is my specialty.
But when it comes to finding the right decor style for your new Robson Ranch home, I’m gonna refer you to this video from Live Your Style. This is a very comprehensive and fun video that will really break down the topic so that you feel ready to decorate your new space!
Hope this helps!