I hope that the start of your October has been lovely. It’s now the season to celebrate the spooky holiday Halloween! Please enjoy this word search. To download click the link below then in the page that comes up click the download icon in the top right corner. That way you can print it out!
x0 – Carolyn Thomas, Realtor
1. On September 11, 2001, nearly 3,000 people were killed, 400 were police officers and firefighters, in the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center in NYC, at the Pentagon building in Washington, D.C., and in a plane crash near Shanksville, PA.
2. 9/11 was not the first terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. A bombing in February of 1993 killed six people.
3. On any given workday, up to 50,000 employees worked in the WTC twin towers, and an additional 40,000 passed through the complex.
4. After the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Center, the rescue and recovery clean-up of the 1.8 million tons of wreckage from the WTC site took 9 months.
5. Passengers aboard United Flight 93, heard about the previous airplane attacks and attempted to retake control of the plane from hijackers. As a result, the hijackers deliberately crashed the plane in a Pennsylvania field instead of at their unknown target.
6. While video accounts of the WTC attack aired immediately, no video footage of the Pentagon attack was publicly released until 2006.
7. Though both the police and fire departments of New York City had their own emergency response procedures, the two departments did not have a coordinated response plan to a major incident.
8. In 2001, New York City fire evacuation procedures only required mandatory evacuations for floors immediately surrounding a fire. After a plane struck Building 1 of the WTC, building 2 employees were initially told to stay in the building.
9. The attack on the World Trade Center on 9/11 resulted in the largest loss of life by a foreign attack on American soil.
10. 18 people were rescued alive from the rubble of the World Trade Center site.
11. Cases of post-traumatic stress are common among 9/11 survivors and rescue workers. Respiratory problems, like asthma and lung inflammation, also developed at abnormal rates for those in and around the World Trade Center during and after the attacks.
“Despite record prices and sinking inventory, home sales were up nearly 2%. Learn more from the RE/MAX National Housing Report.”
I share a lot of statistics from Robson Resales, but today I wanted to share a bit from RE/MAX as a whole. Here is the RE/MAX July 2018 Housing Data Report video.
Was it what you were expecting?
xo – Carolyn Thomas, Realtor
What HGTV show is your guilty pleasure?
I wanted to help you out by sharing some curb appeal tips. If you are selling your home with me I’ll be able to help you get your home looking its best for sale – but in case you are taking the initiative here are a few pointers.
xoxo Carolyn Thomas, Realtor
I came across this helpful video about life hacks and wanted to share the genius.
If you try some (or one) of these hacks please let me know. I’d love to hear if they go well or if the hack fails.
xo Carolyn Thomas, Realtor RE/MAX Heritage